Monday, June 29, 2009

truth in advertising

I can't believe my little guy's already going to be seven weeks old on Wednesday. I tried so hard to keep him little through wishing and praying, but that didn't work. Bringing him home from the hospital I cried the entire way home, partly due to the crazy fluctuating hormones, but mostly due to the fact that it signified that he was already growing up. I'm not ready for him to be growing up. I feel like his brother has already grown up way too fast and doesn't need me nearly as much as I would like, so I'm really trying to hold onto this one:


Honestly, I think Link knows it, because he's such a momma's boy. He cries unless he's being held. There's points where he'll turn bright red in the face and gasp and choke on his tears, all because no one's holding him. Other times he does okay, but it always ends up in the same way: crying until he gets held. I'm trying to relish this nearness of him that it allows, all the while trying to hold him back and keep him from growing up and away from me. It's a losing battle but I just love this littleness so much that it's one battle worth fighting.

If there was truth in advertising, his shirt would read thusly (click to enlarge):


Meanwhile, the boy gets more and more independent and more ornery. He knows that when I'm holding Link or feeding him that I'll rarely get up so he knows he has a window of opportunity to get away with something he normally wouldn't. Exhibit A: afternoon snack has been thrown off the table conveniently onto the floor and Drake has mounted the table.

Don't worry, he got down later and ate the crackers off the carpet, much to the dismay of the dogs:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...