Monday, June 8, 2009

Family Fun...Renaissance Style

My family from Ohio came in recently, bringing with them my eleven year old stepdaughter, Em. They didn't stay nearly long enough, but we enjoyed the time that we had with them. We took them to the local zoo, and I think everyone had a great time. It was nice to just get out of the house and enjoy their company.

Anyway, yesterday we went to the renaissance faire. We've never been and it was the last weekend, so we figured we should go before we miss our opportunity since we'll be moving soon. We ended up having a great time, despite the intermittent rain. Em had never been before, and I think that she really enjoyed it. She said she liked the joust the best, which was really just an opportunity for her to scream her lungs out while she cheered for our knight. We also had several other firsts...Em and I threw axes (I hit the board half the time..watch out world!) and she shot arrows. It was a great time and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the area.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...