Friday, June 12, 2009

an update


Lincoln had his one month check-up today. I can't believe he's already a month old. I've been trying to cherish every moment, but I know that I'm getting to that sleep-deprived state where I'm really grouchy. I'm still relishing my two boys though and my life in general. I have it good.


Anyway, his check-up went really well. He left the hospital with more than 10% weight loss (which isn't exactly great) and at his one-week check-up he'd only gained 2 ounces. After another week he'd only gained another ounce. The pediatrician was concerned, but at that point Link's spitting up was starting to slow down, so he let it go until today's check-up. At today's check-up my little man weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces!!! He'd gained a full pound and eleven ounces in two weeks. I'm so proud you'd think he'd just gotten admitted to Harvard rather than just putting on weight.


Drake's starting to take to him now too. He gave him a kiss just the other night and he loves to comfort him by putting his hand on his head. He also still pets him like a dog, but that's cute too.


As for Link, he smiles at me now. Just me. Three different occassions. His little face lights up when he sees me and that makes all the sleepless nights that much more bearable now. The nurses at the doctor's office saw how he watches my face and just looks at me, and they said he must be in love with me too. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Hope you have something that warms your heart too.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...