Monday, June 1, 2009

six years ago


Six years ago yesterday I was a young bride of twenty-one. Barely legal to drink at my own wedding, I was completely confident in my choice of husband. I admit that I'm the kind of person that always plans things out and hardly ever deviates from the plan, so it was no surprise that once I figured out that James was "the one" I accepted his marriage proposal and we got married right away. Why wait when you know what you want? I didn't cry at my own wedding. I figured that was for people who were torn about their decision or saddened in some way, and I was nothing but joyous and excited about my new life. I remember it made my father angry that I said I wasn't going to cry because I was nothing but happy and that brides who cried had something to cry about. He insisted that brides cry tears of joy and not sadness (which I do believe) but I didn't want anyone to misinterpret my happiness so I remained dry-eyed. The point is: I was completely and totally sure of my decision that James was the right man for me. Six years later I still am.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...