Monday, August 1, 2011

Yearly Photos

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a bit obsessed with photos, photography, editing, and anything in between lately. I recently stumbled across an adorable idea on Pinterest where a photographer had combined some lovely word art along with a photo of theirs to create a unique way of documenting their child yearly on their birthdays. I think it's a great idea, and definitely not your standard fill in the blank baby book page, but a wonderful way to document all those wonderful quirks of your child.

Here's a few of mine that I created (click to enlarge):



Problem is that some of my earlier photos of the children weren't exactly spectacular quality or lent themselves to this task, but I think I did alright. And now I know that on each of their future birthdays that I need to take a great shot with enough blank space to write in their yearly notes. The ones with Lincoln are a bit better in terms of photo quality, I think.



I hope to frame these in 5x7 frames, matted, and line them up, year after year. It'll be a nice way to display just how much they're grown, not only in appearance but in tastes and personality.

If you want to do these on your own, I recommend getting the free software at Picnic or GIMP. They both have a text feature (look for the T in the tools toolbar) where you can add your information. Feel free to get creative, turn those photos sepia, black or white, or even leave them in color. Experiment with different fonts and text colors. You can find some lovely FREE fonts at Dafont. Happy documenting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...