Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Musings


I love this photo. I managed to snap it while I was cleaning the spare bedroom in anticipation of my step-daughter's arrival. I was hanging photos, picking up clutter, and straightening out my bookshelves. They were pretending to sleep in the bed and generally messing up whatever I cleaned. Hard to be upset with that when they're this cute. Every time I look at this photo I can hear Drake saying, "muaahhh" as he kisses Link.

Then I moved to the bedroom, aka laundry central. I keep all our clean laundry here in the baskets until I get time to fold it. The boys love to play in the baskets. Drake in particular. He does this thing where he throws all the unmatched socks in the air over his head, an action akin to throwing leaves above your head in fall. It yields approximately the same mess for me to clean up.

I mentioned in my previous post Drake's love of the mirror. Today was no different. He was trying on all the random hats, gloves, and scarves that end up in the unmatched socks laundry basket.


Lincoln even got in on the escapade. He insisted on wearing this knit hat over his eyes. I kept trying to pull it up out of his eyes, but he wanted it that way. He honestly made me kind of nervous walking around like that.


I also came downstairs after cleaning up three rooms upstairs to find that they'd made new messes downstairs while I was preoccupied. I should have known better...This is what I found in my sink:


Ignore the dirt on the sink...tomorrow is downstairs cleaning day. Note the cute WASPS shirt my boy's in? Yeah, that's my t-shirt from my first baseball team that I was on. It's so cute that he wanted to wear it. Have a great Friday and weekend!

1 comment :

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...