Sunday, May 29, 2011

Anniversary Project

So it's my eight year anniversary coming up soon. It's amazing to think that we've been married for that long. It certainly doesn't feel that long. Here's a photo of us on our wedding day:


The crazy thing is we're sitting on the same bench in the church courtyard where we took our prom photos together. I'd post that photo, but it's somewhere in storage.

This year we decided that we aren't going to buy each other anything for our anniversary. Money's tight because we're saving for our vacation this summer (Venice and Rome!). We are counting our vacation as our anniversary gift to ourselves. I hate not giving him something other than a card though, so I crafted him something I knew he'd love and really use: a treat jar!


It's a recycled peaches pull-top can, some paper and tape, and treats we had around the house (m&ms) leftover from Link's party. Therefore, cost for this project: $0. I wish I could say I came up with this idea, but I didn't. You can check out the complete tutorial from Our Best Bites. This idea would make a great gift for teacher appreciations, graduations, birthdays, anything really.

Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...