Saturday, March 19, 2011

the Finer things in life


So the header at the top of my blog says that everyday's a blessing around here. While that's true, some days are more blissful than others. That happens when you have two little children in a household all to yourself, I suppose (the hubby is deployed).

Yesterday was one of those less blissful days. The two boys were at each other's throats all day long, tears were pretty much nonstop, and they refused everything I made them to eat...again. Not to mention the little guy's still trying to shake this illness that he's had for a bit over a week. He's on antibiotics, but they don't seem to be doing too much for him. He has these wracking coughs that eventually force him to vomit. Lovely, but atleast I know it's coming and can hold him and soothe him while he vomits all over me. I know that sounds gross, but once you're a momma (or a daddy) it's second nature.

So I think that I need to focus on my blessings this week, rather than dwell on the negative (particularly after yesterday). In the spirit of Amy at amysfinerthings.com, here are some of my blessings this week:

1. A sweet three year old that will randomly insist that you stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT to give him a hug and a kiss.
2. Circus peanuts...yummy and gross, all at the same time
3. All the cuddling that I get from the baby since he's not feeling up to par
4. My three year old making some great progress with his schooling, even tracing letters and learning, learning, learning!
5. A sweet husband who I miss like crazy when he's gone
6. My Kindle...best. invention. evar.
7. Getting to stay home with my babies full-time
8. Finally getting my oldest boy to eat something new, which he ended up LOVING
9. The smell of my kitchen and foyer area after a fresh mopping
10. The anticipation of this summer's visit from my step-daughter. I can't wait!!!

Have anything you're particularly thankful for this week? Any blessings? Feel free to share some of yours :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...