Sunday, March 13, 2011

Favorite New Author!

So after reading my fourth novel by this author, I'm convinced she's my favorite author. This title doesn't come lightly, since I love all genres and all (well, almost all) authors. I love to read. I have for as long as I can remember. I don't know that I've ever had a personal favorite author before, but Michelle Moran is definitely noteworthy. She writes historical fiction, also my new favorite genre. It's like learning about history without suffering through the dry reading of a textbook. She makes everything so lively and her books are hard to put down. I first started with Nefertiti, which was of particular interest to me since I love all things Egyptian. I loved the book so much and finished it so quickly that I moved onto her other books. The only drawback about having her as my favorite author is that she only has four books (so far) to her name. Boo. I could read her all day long!

Her latest book, about Madame Tussaud of wax figure fame, didn't appeal to me at first. Doesn't sound very interesting. A woman who made figures of wax. So what, I thought. But I bought it anyway since I love this author. It turned out to be a GREAT read. Maybe even my favorite novel of hers. It tells the exciting story of the French Revolution, all through many important figures of that era, many of whom knew Madame Tussaud. You can read more about her books at her website, http://www.michellemoran.com/. If you're looking for a good read, I highly recommend her.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...