Monday, April 4, 2011

A weekend of SUN!

This weekend was the loveliest of the year so far in Germany. That's not really saying all that much since it's only April but believe me, it was gorgeous. The weather was lovely, the boys were well-behaved, and we spent some much-needed time outdoors.

Since my husband is a big history and (in particular) WW2 buff, we went to the westwall museum nearby. It's a museum in a converted bunker from WW2. Sounded really interesting.



Here's the sign (in German) telling us it wasn't open except on Sundays and holidays (we were there on a Saturday...).



Oh well. Atleast it was a great view from the top of the hill. We'll be back sometime in the future. Sunday we went to the small nearby zoo. The boys love to get out and walk around (FREEDOM!) and Drake in particular loves the animals.



They even have a cute little playground that's a favorite of the boys. Drake really enjoys the slides (weeee! down!) and the rope crossing.



It was a great weekend, spent with those I love so dearly. Hope yours was just as lovely.

2 comments :

  1. Wow that's so cool! It must be interesting to live in Germany! Have you had to learn German?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we love it here. The opportunities are amazing! We're headed this summer to Venice and Rome for a vacation! Sadly, I haven't had to really learn German. Almost all Europeans speak English. It really puts Americans to shame. I have picked up quite a few phrases and I can order most meals in German, but I can't converse in it...yet. It's something I've been meaning to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...