Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More fruit, please!

My kids seem to be going through a boycott of anything healthy lately...which is ironic since I've been eating better and setting a better example. I have a real problem getting the older one to eat veggies and fruits. It seems like the only thing he ever wants is hot dogs and mac 'n cheese.

Both boys, however, LOVE pizza. So I made fruit pizza. Yum!



What I did was take a full-size whole grain bagel and sliced it into two. I think this would have worked great with the mini bagels too, but I didn't have any in the pantry. Then I topped the bagel with a thin layer of Nutella, and topped with fruit. I used strawberries and bananas as our toppings, but I think that any fruit would be great (especially kiwi and grapes thinly sliced). The boys LOVED these. I don't think they realized that it was even fruit, which they normally shy away from. They loved eating their pizzas.

Do you have any tricks for sneaking in fruits and veggies in your kids' diets?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...