Tuesday, May 26, 2009

the sweetest thing

The sweetest thing happened to me two nights ago. As the hubby and I were getting Drake into his bed, he turned to look at me with those big blue eyes of his, and said, "I love you." It blew me away. I wish I had a tape recorder on me then. I don't think I'll ever get tired of replaying those three little words over and over again in my head.


Also, we went to the pediatrician today. Little Link is still underweight. He was born a healthy 7 pounds 8 ounces, but dropped to 6 pounds 11 ounces when we left the hospital. It was more than the typical 10% weight loss, but the doctor thought it would be fine since I've had success at breastfeeding in the past. But today, at his two week check-up he was only 7 pounds 2.5 ounces. He was supposed to be back at his birthweight by now. I'm not sure what's going amiss, other than all the spit-up, and I sure wish I could find a way to fix it. He's so tiny and fragile. Last week at his check-up he was 7 pounds 1 ounce. I can't believe he's only gained 1.5 ounces in a week. Look at how tiny his arm is compared to my thumb (and no, I don't have man hands...it only looks that way in comparison to his slender frame). If anyone has any suggestions for packing on the weight or keeping his milk down, please let me know!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...