Monday, May 11, 2009

the BEST mother's day

Yesterday was amazing! I had the best mother's day, and just generally a great day. I got to sleep in until nearly ten am! No little baby rolling about in my belly waking me up...he slept in too.

Then when I did wake up, I was met by my loving husband who made me my favorite breakfast: green pepper, ham, and cheese omelet. Yum! It was accompanied by lingonberry jam and reduced acid orange juice. Does my man know me or what?

He had my little man Drake pick out a balloon for me too as well as some gorgeous flowers at the florist's. Apparently Drake couldn't pick out just one balloon. He wanted two. Once I woke up, Daddy took him upstairs where the balloons and gifts were hidden. He told Drake to take me the balloons, so my first sight of my adorable little boy that day was seeing him streaking past me, running in a blur, with two bright mother's day balloons streaming behind him. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

After breakfast, I received the most thoughtful gift: a scrapbook with regular photo album pages. Dear hubby pointed out that I love to scrapbook but haven't made a family scrapbook yet. Wow. I hadn't even come to that realization, but he's right. And I'm so excited to create another scrapbook. The front has an opening for a picture and I can't wait to fill it with a family picture of all of us.

And that was only the beginning of my day...I didn't change a single diaper, my little boy was an angel, and my husband was loving and attentive...I felt so special. Thanks for the best mother's day ever, baby!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...