Friday, May 1, 2009

the Man

I like to display my photos of my loved ones. I have a huge 3 foot by 4 foot collage frame in my basement filled with pictures of everyone that's touched my life. I love being able to look at them and smile. Sometimes I'm sad, like tonight when I cried when I saw my Grandma Rita and Grandpa Harry (God rest their souls), but other times I just smile, like when I saw a picture of me and my Dad together on the little cruise ship that takes you to Walt Disney World. I have such a great network of friends and family and I'm unbelievably blessed.

But I would be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite person in all those pictures in my collage frame--my husband. In most of these pictures he's not my husband, yet. He's my boyfriend. (Wow...I am so old) One of these photos in particular caught my eye:

It's from my senior prom, May 6, 2000. Nearly nine years ago. But what I like about the photo is the background. Look really closely over my left shoulder:


There's a couple, newly married, having their photos taken. Little did I realize it at the time (I was so absorbed in prom I didn't even realize there was a wedding party there), but I would be in that exact location a little over three years later (May 31, 2003) marrying this same man.

And even more crazy is the thought that here soon (just over nine years since that first photo) I'll be having his second son (expected no later than May 13th). We've come such a long way, and I know that I take him for granted sometimes, but I'm still in love with him, just as much as I was when we shared that first kiss on the cold sidewalk. He's an amazing man and I feel really blessed to have him in my life.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...