Friday, October 14, 2011

Road Monogram for the Playroom

Inspiration from Pinterest strikes again! I found myself this morning with about 3 hours of spare time. My options to fill that time were: a) nap, b) be crafty, or c) clean the house. Option A was awfully tempting but alas today for some reason I'm wide awake. So I opted for Option B since it sounds like so much more fun than Option C. I re-created this fun road monogram that I found on pinterest:





My monograms aren't as exact as the original pin, but I wanted them to be more child-like. I used black construction paper, cut out the letters I needed (D for Drake, L for Lincoln and then P for Proffitt), glued them onto a white piece of paper, then with chalk added my lanes. I used hot-glue to glue my cars onto my streets. I also made these smaller (the D and L are 8x10 size) so I used the party supply cars (you know, the ones that come as favors). They were also cheaper than purchasing hot wheels. Voila! Super cute artwork for the playroom on the dime.

1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness! I pinned that too! I love the way yours turned out - really really cute. I like that you did it as a monogram. Crafty lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...