Monday, June 6, 2011

Day at the Lake

Both of my boys are happiest when they're outside and especially so if there's water involved. This weekend was beautiful with the sun shining and warm weather, so we took the entire family to a nearby recreational lake. It's got a sandy clay beach and the water is really shallow and gently slopes down. Both had a blast since they were able to splash around in the water and dig til their hearts were content.


The water was pretty chilly, but I'm a wimp when it comes to those things. I prefer my water temperature to be scalding. I'm pretty sure the boys wouldn't have minded if there had been ice floes in it so long as they were allowed to splash about.



By far the best part of it was being allowed to dig. I get tired of constant reprimands about digging in my flower beds, and I'm sure they're not fans of it either. At the beach, it was all fair game.




I'm thankful they had showers around to hose off the mud and sand. I was also very thankful for a day spent with my family. I love days like these.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...