Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simple Vase


When we got our orders to Germany I was forced to confront all the junk  stuff we had accumulated over the years before the move. To say there was a lot is an understatement. I made four trips to the local Goodwill to donate a lot of stuff, and there were several overfilled trash bins on our curb a couple of weeks too. I didn't want to just move stuff from point A to point B and especially not stuff that I wasn't using or even needed. This apparently included all my vases.

My husband's a great guy and gets me flowers pretty regularly but it's disappointing to have some really gorgeous flowers stuck in a water glass. It's like wearing a glamourous ball gown with flip-flops. To solve my dilemma, I created a really simple and elegant vase.


The best part is it's free to make and incredibly simple. I used a leftover Starbucks iced frappuccino bottle (I'm addicted, don't judge!). Then I added a couple light layers of spray paint (which I already had in the house), added water and flowers, and voila! Instant upgrade from using a standard water glass as a vase. I think it'd be really cute if you spray painted it in horizontal stripes, probably divided it into uneven thirds and did varying shades of say blue. I only have two colors of spray paint on hand though (white and silver). Let me know if you try this at home. I'd love to see your project!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...