Saturday, May 23, 2009

They grow up too fast

I know any parent already knows this, but really, children grow up way too fast. Already Drake is losing that delicious baby chub and growing vigorously into toddlerhood. He attempts things he wouldn't have been able to before, wakes up every morning with a voracious appetite for life, and understands way more than I've been giving him credit for. It's amazing just how far he's come in 18 short months. I can barely recognize my little baby there.

Thankfully, I'm taking the time to stop and smell the baby lotion this time around. I love the new baby scent. I love the new baby softness, the roundness, the little chubby cheeks. I love the little clothes and the even smaller socks. I love every thing about having a newborn in the house (except for maybe the sleep deprivation, but it's a trade I'm willing to make).

I can't believe the little guy's already ten days old. So right now I'm enjoying the fact that he's so new to this world, knowing full well that soon he'll be a master of it. I'm enjoying the fact that he doesn't fit in his clothes yet, knowing full well that soon I'll be switching out his clothes in his closet for bigger ones. I'm kissing him non-stop, knowing full well that one day soon he'll be embarrassed by kisses from his mommy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...