Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finally! Nursery - etsy style

Finally the baby's room is finished. I can cross one thing off my massive to-do list now, and quit worrying about that and worry about more monumental stressors (such as an impending newborn, a mandatory move, getting licensed, finding myself, etc, etc). So here's some pictures of the finished nursery. It's absolutely fantastic and is now my favorite room in the whole house. Seriously...I go in there atleast five times a day just to admire my vision and handiwork.



Primered by Nana and I. White wainscoted and generally molded by my brother (Uncle Kurt) who doesn't do this professionally, but it sure looks like it! Blue band and pale yellow above that painted by the hubby. Accessorized by me, of course.



I love these stickers on the wall. Since we know we'll be moving relatively soon, it made sense to have a non-permanent detail for his room rather than risk having to paint over it later. These vinyl stickers are super easy to apply and come from a great etsian, Visions in Vinyl



The baby blue and chocolate bedding came from eBay...it was a steal for the 10 piece set at a little over $100 (including shipping).

What would a nursery be without some nursery art? Custom happy monster nursery prints (set of 3) from my own etsy store and customized with my nursery colors.


This gorgeous piece of furniture cost me $25 off craigslist. It's very heavy seeing as it's real wood. They just don't make them like this anymore! The front panels are more than 2" thick in parts! My father (Papa) refinished it and painted it a bright white for the nursery. The knobs cost 77 cents a piece at Home Depot. I love that Papa finished this piece of furniture for my second son since he did two for the Drakers too. It's a nice heritage and something to treasure.


These little guys are fantastic!!! I'm so in love with them. They are needle-felted (not sure what that means) happy monsters that a fellow etsian created for me. She has a wonderful shop, The Drying Rack with really reasonable prices, so go check it out!

The closet is also filled with the most adorable baby outfits from creative etsians. You should see these designs, and I know that my son will be the best dressed out there. I'll try to feature some of the cuteness in future posts, but for now let me leave you with this beauty from Sara from Savvy Stitcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...